The Tenets of S.A.L.A.D.
Take back your life with this revolutionary way of becoming 100% healthy through the unification of your mind, body and soul — 100% drug free!
Want to look and feel 20 years younger?
The S.A.L.A.D. approach is holistic and integrative, working on your whole self — physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually — to develop a natural, balanced and healthy physical body. Become alert and quick-thinking, dynamic and aware, mindful and compassionate, honest and humble, and fully confident in your mental and emotional state of mind. Our program incorporates the best of both Western and Eastern medicine to ensure you get the results you’ve been craving.
This is integrative health: examining the whole picture and digging deeper beyond merely treating symptoms. We strive to understand the connection between the physical ailments, weaknesses or pain to the outside stressors — emotionally and mentally be it job, relationship or financial-related.
We believe that over 90% of physical ailments and minor injuries may be treated, but not 100% cured unless the emotional and mental health of the individual is also considered. And remember, the S.A.L.A.D. approach is drug-free!
Your body wants to be in top physical condition and you can make it happen by committing to a regular exercise practice that improves your agility, mobility, flexibility, stability and overall strength.
- Stretch at least 5 minutes per day
- Strength training 20 minutes per day, 5 days per week
- Daily cardio conditioning — run, walk, swim, hike and get that heart rate up each day.
- Active massage 1-2 times per week, depending on your level of exercise.
- We believe more than 90% of physical injuries can be treated quickly, efficiently and effectively using ayurveda medicine and active release massaging techniques.
- Sit no more than two hours at a time, taking ten-minute walk breaks as needed.
Your body craves whole, organic and natural foods to replenish, revive and rejuvenate from head to toe. A strong body equates to a healthy mind so ditch the junk and explore the wonderful world of healthy, delicious eating.
- Meatless as much as possible.
- Enjoy hot lemon water daily.
- Make at least 50% of your daily food intake organic, non-GMO, pesticide free.
- Make salads and vegetables your go-to food source, eating 5 times per day.
- Avoid sugar including fruit juices whenever possible.
- Stick to lean protein daily, the portion measured in grams to your net weight in pounds.
- Drink 100 ounces of proper pH balanced water daily.
- Stick to healthy fats like olive oil and coconut oil for cooking or almonds for snacking.
- Limit carbohydrates to no more than 100 grams per day.
- Limit sodium intake to no more than 1500 milligrams per day.
- Limit your daily caloric intake to roughly 2000 calories per day. This may vary depending on age, caloric burn rate or physical activity level.
- Take supplements like Fish Oil for Omega 3 and Probiotics for gut health.
- NO FAST FOOD.
- Corporate America is the major contributing factor to childhood obesity and Type 2 Diabetes.
Your hygiene routine matters to your overall health. The S.A.L.A.D. approach to hygiene ensures your body will be at its happiest from morning to night.
- Wash hands frequently every day.
- Take a shower 2-3 times per day and bathe once per day.
- Wash your face both in the morning and before bedtime.
- Daily facial massage — gently!
- Brush your teeth and floss regularly in addition to regular dental office visits every 6 months.
- All shampoos, conditioners, mouthwashes, toothpastes, deodorants and soaps and other hygiene products must be organic! Also, cleansers should be aloe-based.
- Wash and condition hair daily, but alternate the brand or type. Don’t use the same one twice in a row.
- Toxin release 2-3 times per day
- Listen to your body when it comes to sleep. Make sure you get enough, but not too much — too much sleep can be bad for your overall health!
- Launder your clothes at least once per week with all-natural laundry detergent.
Additionally, NO clonazepam products in the home and no plastic bottles left in the car of any kind!
The Mental, Emotional and Spiritual
As we’ve mentioned, integrative health means everything goes hand in hand. So if your mind is in top form, your body will follow and vice versa. Keep this in mind when reading through the below:
- Meditation daily is key! Start building a practice.
- Additionally, deep breathing exercises 3 times per day for 5 minutes. See video HERE for example.
- Seek out the sun! Reap the benefits of organic, natural sunlight as much as you can daily. But be sure to use organic sunscreen to protect your skin!
- Commune with nature at least 10-20 minutes daily. Select your favorite place — oceans, lakes, rivers, trees, grass, flowers, plants, animals, desert and mountains.
- Listen to pleasing music as much as you can every day whether it’s pre-recorded, streaming or live — perhaps you even play an instrument? Music is good for the soul!
- Read at least 30 minutes per day. Education enriches the mind, body and soul!
- Take up an intellectual hobby. Learn a new language, learn to play an instrument, learn something! By keeping our brain engaged, our whole self stays engaged in the world which is key to a happy life.
By adopting these steps in the S.A.L.A.D. approach, you will be on your way to honoring your true potential as a human being on planet earth in our universe — mind, body and soul!